Senior Editor, Bloomberg News
I am a journalist whose career has spanned Silicon Valley, Washington and Wall Street.
These days I help run Top News on the Bloomberg Terminal and the home page on Bloomberg’s digital platforms. I spent the previous five years editing investigative projects and legal news.
I covered information technology in the early days of the Internet explosion and taught business reporting at George Washington University. I’m a graduate of Stony Brook University, where I advise my college newspaper on financial matters.
I recently earned my master’s degree from the Newhouse School at Syracuse University and completed my formal training in intermediate Python and Pandas for data reporting.
Here is my résumé. Work samples are below.
• Musk-Bezos Space Race Gets a Boost From Anti-Poverty Tax Break
• Trump Perks for Weisselbergs Included Free Rent, Tax Preparer
• Inside the JPMorgan Trading Desk the U.S. Called a Crime Ring
• Billionaire Robert Smith Fighting U.S. Criminal Tax Inquiry
• Manafort Mystery Lender’s Next Act Is an Obamacare End Run
• A Cartel and a Briefcase: How Drug Cash Moves on a River of Gold
BLOOMBERG VIRUS COVERAGE:
• Trump and Cuomo Mock Each Other in Real Time Over Virus Aid
• New York City Marshals All Hospitals; Navy Sails In to Help
• N.Y. Hospitals Pitch Tents, Nix Surgeries to Gird for Influx
NEW YORK TIMES BYLINES:
• Series on IRS mistreatment of conservative nonprofit groups
> Public editor’s column examining my IRS coverage
• Private, Killed 70 Years Ago in the Pacific, Is Laid to Rest
• In Newly Released Clinton Papers, Ire Over Length of Speeches
• Primary Loss Means End of Era for World War II Veterans in Congress
• On Russia’s List of Sanctions, and Proud of It
SOLO DATA/TECHNICAL PROJECTS:
• Field Test: Honk, Honk! Automating the Counting of Car Horns to Tell a Story About Road Safety
• After Loss of Tax Break, Should the Pelhams Merge?
A detailed analysis of the Pelham and Pelham Manor tax bills and interviews with local officials suggest that consolidating services could cut costs and help offset the new federal cap on property-tax deductions. But the savings would probably be modest. UPDATE: This investigation has been cited frequently by voters and candidates in recent local election campaigns, particularly now, in the run-up to the Pelham Manor mayoral election on March 16, 2021.
• “Faces” podcast
Who are these people who are a part of my daily routine? I decided to find out about a few of them on a sweaty Friday morning in August.
• “Geoff the Chef”
Geoff Lazlo, a gourmet chef who refined his craft at Michelin-star restaurants in New York City, strikes out on his own and discovers that it takes a lot more than great food to find enduring success.