I am a journalist whose career has spanned Silicon Valley, Washington and Wall Street.
I covered information technology in the early days of the Internet explosion and taught business reporting at George Washington University. I’m a graduate of Stony Brook University, where I advise my college newspaper on financial matters.
I recently earned my master’s degree from the Newhouse School at Syracuse University, and I’m about to complete my formal training in intermediate Python and Pandas for data reporting.
Here is my résumé. Work samples are below.
RECENT BLOOMBERG EXCLUSIVES:
• Goldman Sachs Admits Role in Record $1.6 Billion 1MDB Bribe Spree
• Billionaire Robert Smith Admits Evading Taxes for 15 Years
• Inside the JPMorgan Trading Desk the U.S. Called a Crime Ring
• Deutsche Bank Hires Barr Friend to Raise Its Game in Washington
• Ex-Venezuela Official Flees to Aid U.S. in Corruption Probe
• Billionaire Robert Smith Fighting U.S. Criminal Tax Inquiry
• Trump’s Waikiki Partner, Kushner Family Among PPP Borrowers
• SEC Is Scrutinizing Public Companies Granted Virus Relief Funds
• The SEC Halted a Stock Over Virus Claims. Then the Company Got a PPP Loan
• Trump Organization, Written Out of U.S. Bailout, Taps Europe Aid
• Robert Mueller’s Investigation: A Timeline of Key Events
• Series on IRS mistreatment of conservative nonprofit groups
> Public editor’s column examining my IRS coverage
• Private, Killed 70 Years Ago in the Pacific, Is Laid to Rest
• In Newly Released Clinton Papers, Ire Over Length of Speeches
• Primary Loss Means End of Era for World War II Veterans in Congress
• On Russia’s List of Sanctions, and Proud of It
SOLO DATA/TECHNICAL PROJECTS:
• Field Test: Honk, Honk! Automating the Counting of Car Horns to Tell a Story About Road Safety
• After Loss of Tax Break, Should the Pelhams Merge?
A detailed analysis of the Pelham and Pelham Manor tax bills and interviews with local officials suggest that consolidating services could cut costs and help offset the new federal cap on property-tax deductions. But the savings would probably be modest.
• “Faces” (podcast)
Who are these people who are a part of my daily routine? I decided to find out about a few of them on a sweaty Friday morning in August.
• An Ode to NPR’s “Planet Money”
• “Geoff the Chef”
Geoff Lazlo, a gourmet chef who refined his craft at Michelin-star restaurants in New York City, strikes out on his own and discovers that it takes a lot more than great food to find enduring success.